- This event has passed.
Swift Water Rescue Technician (SRT) 17 -18 Aug and 31st Aug-1st Sept 2019
August 17 @ 09:00 - August 18 @ 17:00
One event on August 31, 2019 at 09:00
Date: 17-18 August & 31st Aug-1st Sept 2019 2019
Time: 09:00 start
Venue: Llangollen and North Wales
Cost: £435pp. SAR and MR team members £380
Flood and Swift-water Rescue Technician (SRT) Course (Mod 3)
This is a 4-day course run over two weeks. It is a QCF accredited course leading to a Swift Water and Flood Technician qualification that complies with the DEFFRA module 3 curriculum specification. The training is based in UK grade 2(3) water and is aimed at anybody who may need to carry out a specialist rescue in moving water or flood water such as Fire Fighters, HART Team members, Search and Rescue personnel, MR teams and Adventure Sports leaders.
The course includes rescues using specialist equipment such as inflatable hoses and non powered boats. Beyond the compulsory elements, the course can be tailored to meet your special requirements.
The course is assessed via continuous assessment and a short written paper.
You must be a confident swimmer and reasonably fit to undertake this course.
SFJ Awards SRT qualification
SFJ Awards is a part of the Skills for Justice Group. For the last 10 years Skills for Justice has
been working with employers, Governments of the UK and agencies within the skills system,
to better equip workforces with the right skills now and for the future.
The Water Rescue Technician Qualification is a Level 3 QCF award and is worth 6 QCF Credits
This course is aimed at anybody that may need to undertake a technical rescue in water upto grade 3.
- Fire and Rescue personnel,
- MRT teams, SAR teams,
- HART personnel,
- activity center staff operating in waters up to grade 3.
- hazard identification & risk assessment,
- technical rescue equipment,
- rescues – reaching, wadding, conditional and unconditional rescues,
- simple rope systems including mechanical advantage systems and tensioned diagonals,
- advanced swimming in moving water up to UK grade 3,
- basic boat-handling skills – sled and raft in moving and flat water,
- working at night techniques,
- water search methods / operations,
- scene management,
- basic incident command.