These are closed courses run at your establishment.
A half day classroom-based course that looks at the hazards and risk associated with inland and coastal water. We discuss basic control measures and safe working practices that can be introduced, including types of PPE and their use. The course is designed for industry, civil engineering, and other workers near water.
Courses can be booked for groups at any time and are run at your workplace (face to face) or remotely via Zoom. To book a group course please contact us directly.
Course length: 1/2 day
Course content includes:
- Water rescue standards
- Rescuer safety
- Water and flood dynamics and hazards
- Basic swiftwater swimming and self rescue (dry land exercise only)
- Personal and team equipment
- On-scene safety briefing and site control
- Pre-planning and incident management
- Drowning, medical and personal welfare considerations
Qualification valid for: 3 years.