This 1-day introductory level first aid course covers essential first aid skills. It is an HSE approved course and follows the HSE recommended course content. The course will provide the trainee with a recognised EFAW certificate. There is no formal examination as the assessment is made continuously over the whole day. It is required for recognition as an Emergency First Aider for the Work Place.
This course is designed to give you the knowledge and confidence to deal with a first aid situation; in the home, at play or in the work-place. Having completed this one-day course you will be equipped to control a first aid situation; dealing with minor injuries and to maintain life until more experienced help arrives.
The level 1 Emergency First Aid course concentrates on core, first-on-scene skills, which are integral to all first aid. The course is provided through practical training and hands-on scenarios.
We are based in Shropshire, and run our first aid courses in the Midlands, Shropshire, Staffordshire and Cheshire. We provide first aid training for groups, schools and industry across the UK.
Level 1 Course Content:
On completion of training, you will be able to:
- Understand the role of the first-aider including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross infection
- the need for recording incidents and actions
- use of available equipment
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- administer first-aid to a casualty who is choking
- administer first-aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- administer first-aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).