3-day course: complies with all HSE recommendations.
This 3-day First Aid at Work course covers the HSE approved syllabus for those wishing to become nominated first aiders within their work place. It is a natural progression for those who have held an Emergency First Aid at Work qualification – but remember – you don’t need to have done any first aid training to do this First Aid at Work course.
No previous first aid training is needed to participate in this First Aid at Work course.
The First Aid at Work course is the essential minimum first aid training requirement for nominated first aiders working within the work place. The course provides comprehensive training in basic first aid skills and certifies you for 3 years. AED training is included in the package.
First Aid at Work Course Assessment:
This First Aid at Work course covers the HSE approved syllabus for First Aiders at Work according to the ’81 & ’97 regulations, UK & European guidelines. Continuous assessment is used throughout the course together with a multi-choice paper. On successful completion you will be awarded an approved First Aid at Work(FAW) and an AED awareness certificate valid for three years, qualifying you to be a nominated first aider in the workplace. Feedback will be provided throughout each day of the course allowing you to develop and demonstrate the skills needed to the required level.
First Aid at Work Course Content (3-days):
On completion of training you will be able to:
- understand the role of the first-aider including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross infection
- the need for recording incidents and actions
- use of available equipment
- understand the need for recording and reporting and understand the roles of RIDDOR and FAW regs
- have a good knowledge of recommended first aid kits and sick room procedures
- be able to take full control of an emergency situation until medical help arrives – this includes being able to co-ordinate the actions of others and make appropriate decisions
- have a methodical system to assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- administer first aid to a casualty with: injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries, chest injuries, burns and scalds, eye injuries, sudden poisoning and anaphylactic shock
- recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes).
The continuous assessment is aimed at determining your ability to act safely, promptly and effectively when an emergency occurs at work and to deal with a casualty who:
- is unconscious
- requires cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- is wounded and bleeding.
First Aid at Work
Book a place on our next course
Date: 12-14 March 2019 Time: 09:00 start Venue: Nantwich, Cheshire Cost: £165pp. First Aid at Work Course (FAW) This course will provide you with the skills to manage an accident scene in your workplace. Who Should Attend? All employees who … Continued